Saturday, October 3, 2009

3 miles at 3 pm

I definitely went running at the worst possible time of day. (Sun beating, forehead sweating, and where are the trees?) But three miles is totally sufficient for a Saturday, and I'm not beating myself up over the mileage. I should have taken a little bottle of water. But the gatorade I made before I left had chilled enough to be a bit colder than lukewarm by the time I got back, which was nice on my parched pallet. I love that in my new neighborhood there are tons of sidewalks, but I am bemoaning the lack of foliage. The nicest thing about running today was smelling my dryer sheet smell, seriously, lavendar and vanilla. Very nice. The breeze was nice, too, but today was definitely a summer afternoon. Maybe tonight will smell like autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment